Today I was daydreaming about an old-school American dream. A family cow!
How great would that be? What, no answer? Let me break it down for you:
- Milk, in abundant supply. So no more $3.00-$4.00 / gallon weekly drain.
- Manure (yes, manure). Properly composted, it is fabulous for the garden.
- Calves. Fun to watch grow, great 4H project, etc.
- Beef, from when the calves are all grown up.
- Cheese, Butter, Ice Cream, Buttermilk. Yum, Yum, Yum.
- Animals bring joy and responsibility in equal parts to your life. Great for kids to learn and experience both.
Now doesn't that sound like the ultimate in a birthday gift? Mooo!