Search The Homestead

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Does This Make Me A Farmer?

This morning the ground was so hard-baked that we had trouble weeding.  So tonight, after we had a colossal thunderstorm, a storm so heavy that it knocked over my corn,


what did I do?


Why I ran outside and staked all my tomatoes, of course.  What can I say?  The ground was soft.

And now I cannot find my boots. 


In other news, some of our garden is loving the heat wave.

A few of the tomato plants have started to fruit!




The pumpkins are in bliss.


The green beans are thriving (forgive the odd camera angle).


And the corn was happy until the heavy rain. 


I am hopeful that they will right themselves when they dry out.  Who ever heard of staking corn?

I think I am in love with my garden.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great garden! Hopefully the corn will make a come back. Those wind gusts were crazy! Like the muddy boot pics too. Brooke

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! You do not need to have a GMail account to comment - you can use the Name/URL option, or even Anonymous. Either way, I love to hear from you! Thanks!