Search The Homestead

Monday, April 18, 2011

Project 14 - Document Case

This week's project was born of necessity.  I am going back to work (long story for another post), and so we needed to buy a second car.  Which we did.  On Friday.  Come Friday night I realized I need something to keep the registration, etc., safe and handy in the glove box.  (I know I could just use an envelope, but they get damaged and lost easily.  And what fun are they?)

So I decided to sew one.  Well, two.  We have two cars, why not make two document keepers.


I found some scrap plaid fabric and linen to line it in my stash, and used some buttons I have had forever (I love buttons!)  So this project was completely free.

I love that I could make up a pattern and it looks almost like it did in my head.  I also love that I finally got to use my button whole maker and it worked perfectly!  Love, love, love this sewing machine!

If I had to do this one again, I would add some batting to make it more sturdy.  Overall, though, I count this a success.

I will post pictures when I can get the computer to talk to the camera.  Right now, they are apparently feuding. Update 4/22/11, pictures finally posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You do not need to have a GMail account to comment - you can use the Name/URL option, or even Anonymous. Either way, I love to hear from you! Thanks!