You would not believe how much better I felt after this bit of organization.
This week I started all the peppers and one packet of rosemary.
I made tags to go with each, too.
I managed to find plain starter greenhouses for the seeds. It took forever to find them at the home improvement store, even with 3 people helping. But we got it done, and I am sure we can reuse these next year, too, so it was a good investment.
Add a little seed starter soil to give them an added boost, and off we go.
Now last year I complained about how I can never seem to get seeds in the right depth. This time, I aimed for perfection. So I actually measured 1/4 inch on a toothpick and marked it with a pen. The toothpick made the perfect digger for the tiny seed holes.
I think I have done all I can to make sure these seeds sprout. They are now in a warm-ish place (nowhere in this house is warm), and I can tell but the condensation that there is some residual heat in their little greenhouse.
Next week, tomatoes and melons go in another starter greenhouse!