Search The Homestead

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just A Little Update

We are already seeing more garden progress than we saw all of last fall.  We have onions and garlic going bonkers in their beds.  A surprising number of strawberries survived their planting and they are growing well.  I am not holding my breath on fruit this year, but I will buy bird netting, just in case.  Our peas are starting to come up and will be provided with a trellis to climb on Saturday. Our spinach and lettuces are just starting to sprout.  The potatoes have been planted and are snuggled under soil.

And that is just what is outside. 

Inside our seedlings are moving right along.  Tomatoes, peppers, herbs, brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, chard, and cucumbers are all starting to reach for the sun.  I am so excited to watch this garden grow!

I love Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments! You do not need to have a GMail account to comment - you can use the Name/URL option, or even Anonymous. Either way, I love to hear from you! Thanks!